About the Program
The Teacher Education Program aims to equip learners with adequate and relevant competencies to teach in their chosen area of specialization both at the elementary and secondary levels. The program aims to develop highly motivated and competent teachers specializing in the content and pedagogy for teacher education.
Bachelor of Elementary Education
Bachelor of Secondary Education
Common to Teacher Education Program
Immediately after graduation, the graduates of Teacher Education are expected to:
- articulate the rootedness of education in philosophical, socio-cultural, historical, psychological, and political contexts.
- demonstrate mastery of subject matter/discipline.
- facilitate learning using a wide range of teaching methodologies and delivery modes appropriate to specific learners and their environments.
- develop innovative curricula, instructional plans, teaching approaches, and resources for diverse learners; with a focus on tri-peoples in Mindanao and gender equality.
- apply skills in the development and utilization of ICT to promote quality, relevant, and sustainable educational practices.
- demonstrate a variety of thinking skills in planning, monitoring, assessing, and reporting learning processes and outcomes.
- practice professional and ethical teaching standards sensitive to the local, national, and global realities.
- pursue lifelong learning for personal and professional growth through varied experiential and field-based opportunities.
- Demonstrate Marian spirituality contextualized in the present society.
- Actively engage in social development towards a society that is just, humane, nationalist, democratic, peaceful, faith motivated, and interconnected with the totality of God’s creation.
Bachelor of Elementary Education (BEEd)
Immediately after graduation, the graduates of Bachelor of Elementary Education are expected to:
- demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the diversity of learners in various learning areas;
- manifest meaningful and comprehensive pedagogical content knowledge (PCK) of the different subject areas;
- utilize appropriate assessment and evaluation tools to measure learning outcomes;
- manifest skills in communication, higher-order thinking, and use of tools and technology to accelerate learning and teaching;
- demonstrate positive attributes of a model teacher, both as an individual and as a professional; and
- manifest a desire to continuously pursue personal and professional development.
Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in English
Immediately after graduation, the graduates of Bachelor of Secondary Education major in English are expected to:
- possess broad knowledge of language and literature for effective learning;
- use English as a global language in a multilingual context as it applies to the teaching of language and literature;
- acquire an extensive reading background in language, literature, and allied fields;
- demonstrate proficiency in an oral and written communication;
- show competence in employing innovative language and literature teaching approaches, methodologies, and strategies;
- use technology in facilitating language learning and teaching;
- Inspire students and colleagues to lead relevant and transformative changes to improve learning and teaching language and literature; and
- display skills and abilities to be a reflective and research-oriented language and literature teacher.
Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Mathematics
Immediately after graduation, the graduates of Bachelor of Secondary Education major in Mathematics are expected to:
- exhibit competence in mathematical concepts and procedures;
- exhibit proficiency in relating mathematics to other curricular activities;
- manifest meaningful and comprehensive pedagogical content knowledge (PCK) of mathematics;
- demonstrate competence in designing, constructing, and utilizing different forms of assessment in mathematics;
- demonstrate proficiency in problem-solving by solving and creating routine and non-routine problems with different levels of complexity;
- use effectively appropriate approaches, methods, and techniques in teaching mathematics including technological tools; and
- appreciate mathematics as an opportunity for creative work, moments of enlightenment, discovery, and gaining insights into the world.
Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Sciences
Immediately after graduation, the graduates of Bachelor of Secondary Education major in Science are expected to:
- demonstrate a deep understanding of scientific concepts and principles;
- apply scientific inquiry in teaching and learning; and
- utilize effectively science teaching and assessment methods.
Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Values Education
Immediately after graduation, the graduates of Bachelor of Secondary Education major in Values Education are expected to:
- demonstrate understanding of the Values Education Framework of the K to 12;
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of various philosophical and theoretical underpinnings of teaching values education;
- demonstrate understanding how psychological, moral, spiritual, and socio-cultural shape human values;
- exhibit critical mindedness in analyzing local, regional, national and global trends and issues relevant to values education;
- show passion and commitment in becoming advocates of universal values of openness, peace, tolerance, social justice and respect for human rights;
- become an exemplar of Filipino values;
- show understanding of theories, principles and application of strategies for effective intra and interpersonal skills;
- demonstrate commitment to students’ development for personal renewal and social transformation;
- demonstrate competence in employing various pedagogical approaches, methods, and techniques for teaching values;
- demonstrate competence in the conduct of research and utilization of results to improve values education;
- demonstrate in-depth knowledge in developing and using traditional and non-traditional strategies for assessing learner’s performance in values education;
- demonstrate competence in integrating context-appropriate technology to optimize teaching and learning;
- manifest commitment to community service as a means to promote social values; and
- show reflective skills in applying strong moral and ethical principles in their decisions and actions as values education teachers.
Jochelle Mae Sucuano Makes History as She TOPPED the Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET) in September 2021
One of the successful examinees was an ACD and BEEd graduate— Jochelle Mae Sucuano— who did not only pass the exam, but also aced it to the Top 3 with a score of 91.40 percent. For the first time in a very long time, she made history for the school after taking an excellent placement in the line of LET exam passers.